The Three Dimensions of Health and Well Being
Received Date: Jan 17, 2017 / Accepted Date: Feb 02, 2018 / Published Date: Feb 05, 2018
When discussing the meaning of ‘measuring health’, it is important to understand what health means. Therefore, according to World Health Organisation, WHO (1948), “Health can be defined as a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, not merely the absence of disease and infirmity” . This definition indicates that it is really important to know the overall individual’s current health and wellbeing status by considering all three dimensions of health that is physical, mental and social health. When focusing on the importance of measuring health from a public health and health promotion point of view, it is important to highlight the definition of public health. “Public health is the science and art of promoting and protection health and well-being, preventing ill-health and prolonging life through the organized efforts of society . Therefore, measuring and understanding the health of individuals is very important, as it helps to keep people healthy and live longer, preventing and curing the disease by identifying and introducing the best intervention program which will work for the specific person.
Physical health can be defined as the proper functioning of all the external and internal parts and organs of the person’s body which allows the person to perform the daily tasks normally without any limitation . Good mental health means a person should be able to understand the potential, can manage the general and normal life stresses, can be able to participate in the society, and can be able to work effectively . Well-being can be explained as a positive feeling which a person experiences in the absence of ill health. It is connected with the accomplishment of an individual’s own goals and by achieving these goals, the individual feels well and good . Social health can be defined as how the person is able to interact with people for example friends, family and society. When a person is socially healthy, it helps him or her to develop relationships with other people and to make new friends in society. It also helps the people in career and enable them to live independently in their adult life [6-24].
- World Health Organisation (2006)家居市场矛盾集中点：货不对板、送货延期
- The UK’s Faculty of Public Health (2010) What is public health.
- Normalbreathing.com (2001) Physical health definition and simple body oxygeb DIY test.
- World Health Organisation (2017)7月北京楼市持续降温 预计房价降至去年10月水平
- Naidoo J, Wills J (2016) Foundations for health promotion, (4th edn) London.
- The Den (2000) Friends and relationships.
- Firth L (2010) Smoking and health. Cambridge: Independence.
- GOV.UK (2016) The eat well guide.
- GOV.UK (2011)沪指获利面收窄 大量股市获利资金涌入楼市
- Get Berkshire active (2017)板式定制家具 在拉萨家居建材定制中一枝独秀
- GOV.UK (2017)京津冀投洽会发布367个项目
- GOV.UK (2013)传统产业老树开新花 建材业逆势飙高
- Helpguide.org (2017)下半年房价要涨？会怎样调控？中央给出最权威回应
- Mental health foundation (2017)有分析认为：国内下半年建筑钢材供需基本平衡
- Mind (2013)90后单身上班族成穗租房市场主力军
- NHS Choice (2016) Stop smoking treatments.
- NHS Choices (2017) How to deal with stress.
- NHS Choices (2015)广西推出印章管理10条便民举措
- National heart, lung and blood institute (2000)无过硬的技术支撑 “超节水”马桶可能更费水
- Public Health England (2015)家居市场冷清 营销手段无新意顾客不买账
- Public Health England (2016) NHS population screening explained.
- Slough clinical commissioning group (2016) Locality profile.
- Warwick (2015)燕郊维多利亚公寓可变住宅不限购？
Citation: Khan R, Qureshi MSH (2018) The Three Dimensions of Health and Well Being. J Community Med Health Educ 8: 586. DOI: 10.4172/2161-0711.1000586
Copyright: © 2018 Khan R, et al. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.
Share This Article
What’s in a shade? If you are Pantone, the “color authority” and the dominant color trend forecaster, and you get to choose a “color of the year” every year, potentially a lot. It could include determining fashion’s direction (these are the hues that inform the fabrics that get bought by designers that get made into your clothes), influencing interiors, and even affecting how food appears. Still, I don’t think I’ve ever seen quite so much political and philosophical import attached to a color decision as I have for the 2016 “Color of the Year.”London, UK
- Total views: 13913
- Breakdown by view type
- HTML page views: 13581
- PDF downloads: 332